FlexPhotoDB is a multi purpose image editing and cataloging program for professional and amateur digital photographers alike. Aside from the comprehensive image editing tools available, FlexPhotoDB includes an impressive set of features that includes slideshow creation and transfer to VCD format, various printing options, support for multiple file formats and full support for Canon and Nikon DSLR camera Raw files.
Best of all, FlexPhotoDB is currently free for personal use.
Image Browser and Editor.
- Supports Jpeg, Png, Tiff, Bmp, PPM, Canon CRW & CR2 and Nikon NEF Image Formats.
- Adds Jpeg2000 (JP2, J2k and Jpc) image type support with Optional Plug-in .
- Fast Thumb Browser, user Selectable Thumb Size.
- Uses and Maintains embedded Thumbs.
- View Histogram and Exif information on Browser Screen.
- Understands and supports Jpeg Orientation Flag for Rotation (Optional).
- Lossless Jpeg Rotation.
- Batch operations from Thumb Browser (Rotate, Resize, Email, Delete etc)
- Backup Images to Backup Media, Catalog tracks Backup Date, Backup Location.
- Quickly view Group as Slideshow.
- Create Slideshows with Transition Effects and Audio Clip Support.
- Create Auto Run Slideshow CD’s with Included Viewer.
Image Catalog - tracks all Images on PC.
- Search for All Images on User PC or Specified Locations to build Catalogue for first time User.
- Provides Simple Grouping without having to Traverse Folders.
- Provides for Shooting Date, Comment, Keywords, Location, Category Data and Backup Information by Image.
- Cut, Copy Paste Images between Groups/Folders.
- Powerful Search feature to Retrieve Images by stored Information.
- View images without opening individual images.
Acquire Images - Directly from Camera or Storage Media Readers
- Acquire to download Jpegs directly from a Camera and can be Automatically invoked when the Camera is Attached (only available in Windows XP and Windows ME)
- Acquire will traverse multiple Folders for single Acquire (Canon owners!)
- Catalogue prevents double Acquire for same Images.
- Optionally Delete Images from Source Media after Acquire.
- Specify Group/Comments/Keywords/Location and Category for Acquire Images.
- Correctly handles in-Camera & Auto Rotated Images.
Backup Images - to Backup Media
- Catalogue tracks Backup Date, Backup Location.
- Burn backup CD’s from FlexPhotoDB if ‘Nero Burning Rom’©Ahead Software is installed.
- Backup images to CD, DVD or other Media, including Network hard drives
- Optional Name, Date/Time Stamp, Selectable Font/Color on Printed images
- Hairline Border.
- Rotate/Crop to fit;
- Center in Physical Printer Page.
- Multiple Copies of same Image.
- Auto, Selectable or user specified print size.
- Multiple Images per Page (including 3 6x4’s on A4 Page).
- Zoom to 1600%
- Rotate & Flip Images.
- Easy to use Redeye Removal.
- Crop Wizard, obtain/maintain Ideal Image Aspect Ratio.
- Resample up or down with Selectable Algorithm.
- Straighten Image, optionally Auto Crop.
- Variety of Cut-outs and Borders.
- Auto and Manual Levels adjustment.
- Brightness & Contrast, Hue & Saturation.
- Color Balance with One Click White Balance.
- Curves Adjustment.
- Desaturate, Reduce or Invert Colors.
- Filters to Sharpen including UnSharp Mask, Noise Reduction and Blur (Soften).
- Save As… for format changes.
- Save Retains Jpeg Exposure Info. (Exif).
- User Selectable Save Quality (Jpeg And Jpeg2000).
- Touch up ToolBox with Pen, Brush, Dodge, Clone and Text tools.
- User selectable Copyright Image with selectable Paste mode.
- Copy/Paste Images sections.
- Create new Textured Background Images.
- Correct Barrel/Pincushion distortion.
- Actions - Apply a series of corrections to a single image or group of images.
- Batch Resize to selectable size & email images directly to user email Application.
- Compare from 1 to 4 Images Side by Side on Full Screen (with image zoom capability).
- Set Image as Wallpaper.
- Configurable SpeedBar to ease workflow.
- Canon D30/D60/10D/20D/1Ds II Raw Images Support.
- Very fast thumb and Embedded Jpeg Viewer.
- Extract embedded Jpeg Image, includes Exif from THM.
- Invoke Canon raw Image Converter for multiple Images.
- Includes Dave Coffin's CRW & CR2 Raw image coverter.
FlexPhotoDB Download Page