Cameratown Announces Timelapse Moab 2015: Intimate 5-Night Astro Photography & Timelapse Workshop Taking Place Under the Dark Skies of Moab, Utah
Cameratown -- September 2, 2015 - TimelapseWorkshops.com announces that early bird registration is now open for Timelapse Moab 2015, an intimate 5-night astro time-lapse and photography workshop taking place in Moab, Utah from May 13 - 17th, 2015.
Timelapse Moab 2015 is the ultimate time-lapse workshop! In this advanced workshop you'll learn how to locate and capture the Milky Way and other features of the night sky; how to use lighting to illuminate your foreground to create dynamic compositions; and how to use motion-control dollies and pan & tilt heads to bring your time-lapses to the next level. You will also learn how to best capture day to night transitions (holy grail), create flicker-free time-lapses during the day, and how to post process your images and time-lapses into breathtaking cinematic films.
Moab, Utah is home to Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Dead Horse Point State Park, and is located just 90 minutes from Grand Junction, CO or four hours from Salt Lake City. Workshop instructor, Ron Risman, chose this location due to the incredible red-rock landscape, dry desert weather, and extremely dark skies. The dates of this workshop also correspond to the new moon, allowing participants the ability to capture stunning photographs and timelapses of the Milky Way and other sky features using their digital SLR and an external intervalometer.
Those attending Timelapse Moab will learn:
- How to capture time-lapses using your digital SLR
- How to beautifully capture the night sky with stills, and in motion
- How to light and compose your foreground to help your night-sky images come to life
- How to eliminate flicker in your daylight time-lapses
- How to location scout before arriving to your shoot location
- Why and when to "drag the shutter" when capturing timelapses
- How to capture day to night time-lapses (a.k.a. "holy grail")
- How to capture & process HDR time-lapses
- How to choose the best aperture, shutter speed, interval, and ISO for any given scene
- How to use motion-control dollies & heads to take your time-lapses to the next level
- How changing intervals & exposures will impact the overall feel and pacing of your time-lapse
- Post Production: JPEG & RAW workflow
- Post Production: Time-lapse Tips & Tricks
- Post Production: Combine timelapses with music to create an effective demo reel
Early Bird Registration
Early bird registration is now open for Timelapse Moab. Be one of the first four to use the early registration code "TLMEB100" and receive $100 OFF registration. The workshop size is limited to just 12 students in order to keep the instructor to student ratio of 4:1. Registration does not include flights, lodging, food, or transportation.
Get more information and sign up today at: http://www.TimelapseMoab.com
About Timelapse Workshops
Timelapse Workshops was started in 2013 as a way to introduce the art of time-lapse and night-sky photography to photographers and cinematographers interested in adding to their portfolio and service offerings. The workshops are also designed to bring photographers, who share a similar passion for capturing the night sky, together in locations that will help to re-inspire their creativity and love of photography.
Ron Risman is an award winning cinematographer, editor of Cameratown.com, and time-lapse specialist. Ron has been a photographer & videographer for over 25 years and loves to share his knowledge and passion for time-lapse and astro photography with others. Ron's workshops are held during the time of a new moon and in locations that are far from city lights to help ensure the best night sky viewing possible.