Valley of Fire 3-Day and 4-Day Dark-Sky
Timelapse Workshops Announced Today
Early bird registration is now open for "Timelapse: Valley of Fire," an intimate 3 and 4-day dark sky time-lapse workshop
Boston, MA (Cameratown) July 2, 2014 - TimelapseWorkshops.com announces that early bird registration is now open for Timelapse: Valley of Fire, an intimate 3 and 4-day dark sky time-lapse workshop taking place in Nevada this October. Timelapse: Valley of Fire is an exclusive timelapse photography workshop that focuses on teaching the skills needed to capture day and night timelapses - with a focus on the night sky. The workshops are open to photographers and cinematographers of all skill levels.
Valley of Fire State Park is home to some of the most spectacular landscapes you have ever seen. Over 20 miles of breathtaking rainbow vistas, natural arches, stone cabins, slot canyons, wave rocks, and red-rock cliffs make this one of the most amazing destinations to capture timelapses.
Located just 60 miles from Las Vegas, Valley of Fire State Park is easy to access, but far enough away to allow the night sky to fill with stars. Workshop instructor Ron Risman chose this location due to the incredible red-rock landscape, dry desert weather, and dark skies. The dates of this workshop also correspond to the new moon, allowing participants the ability to capture stunning photographs and timelapses of the Milky Way using their digital SLR and an external intervalometer.
Timelapse: Valley of Fire is being offered both as a 3-day workshop for photographers looking to learn how to create professional quality timelapse sequences, and as a 4-day workshop for intermediate and advance timelapse photographers looking to take their timelapses to the next level using 1-axis, 2-axis, and 3-axis motion-control dollies from Dynamic Perception and Pan & Tilt heads from eMotimo. The 4-day workshop is also ideal for participants of the first workshop who want to continue their education by becoming proficient with motion control gear. Moving the camera during a timelapse helps to add dimension and depth to timelapse sequences.
3-Day Timelapse Workshop covers:
- How to capture timelapses using your digital SLR
- The best settings to capture the night sky in motion
- How to light the foreground to help bring enhance your night timelapses
- How to eliminate flicker when capturing a timelapse
- How to use your computer and apps to scout locations and sky conditions
- How, why and when to "drag the shutter" when capturing timelapses
- How to best capture day-to-night timelapse sequences
- How to choose the best aperture, shutter speed, interval, and ISO
- How interval & exposure impacts the feel and pacing of your timelapse
- How to capture & process HDR Timelapses
- JPEG & RAW Post Production Workflow techniques using Adobe Lightroom and LRTimelapse
- The many variables (some controllable, some not) that can affect your timelapse and how to prepare for them
4-Day Motion Control Timelapse Workshop covers:
- How to use the Dynamic Perception Stage One Dolly with MX3 Controller (1-axis)
- How to use the eMotimo TB3 Black motorized Pan & Tilt head (2-axis)
- How to combine the eMotimo TB3 with the Stage One Dolly for killer 3-axis timelapses
* We'll have motion control sliders and heads on hand for workshop participants to use & share
- How to select the best settings to use when moving your camera during a timelapse
- Hyper lapse and Drive lapse techniques and discussion
- Inexpensive techniques to light the foreground to help bring enhance your night timelapses
- How to decide when to use ND Filters to enhance your timelapse sequences
- How to combine day-to-night capture techniques with motion control camera moves
- Advanced post-production workflow techniques using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom,
- Music: Selecting and Licensing
- Putting it all together in post
$100 Early Bird Registration
discount is available through January 6th, 2014.
Sign up today at http://www.timelapseworkshops.com
2014 Collaborative Timelapse Film
Timelapse Workshops has just released their latest collaborative video from their spring workshops in southeastern Utah. This is a breathtaking night-sky timelapse film created from the footage captured during the workshop and submitted by many of the workshop participants. You can view the film here:
About Ron Risman
Ron is an award
winning cinematographer, editor of Cameratown.com, and timelapse
cinematographer and instructor located on the seacoast of New Hampshire.
Ron has been a photographer & videographer for over 25 years
and continues to follow his passion when it comes to capturing and teaching
night photography. His past clients include Restoration
Hardware, Liberty Mutual, FOX News CT, WFXT Orlando 9, Rev'it Motorsports
International, Scorpion Helmets, and Berklee College of Music. His work
was also featured recently in the HBO Documentary "The Crash Reel."