Peak Design Seeks to Re-Invent the Camera Sling, Neck & Shoulder Strap with new Kickstarter Campaign
June 24, 2014 --Peak Design last week kicked off a Kickstarter campaign for three new products that seek to replace your standard camera strap, sling strap, or wrist strap. In less than one week their Kickstarter campaign surpassed their original funding goal, by reaching $135,000. As of today their campaign stands at $170,000 and their are still 52 days left to the campaign.
To get more information on these new straps check out their campaign over at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peak-design/slide-and-clutch-versatile-camera-sling-and-hand-s
What is Slide?
Slide is a camera strap, but one that's different from every other
camera strap out there. Slide is more than just a neck strap, sling
strap or shoulder strap. Slide is a new kind of camera strap that
incorporates everything we love about existing straps, as well as
feedback from thousands of photographers worldwide. In a nutshell, we
think Slide is the most thoughtfully designed camera strap ever created.
- Wearable as a sling strap, shoulder strap or neck strap.
- Quick connecting with one hand, using our patent-pending Anchor Link™ connection system.
- Smooth on one side and grippy on the other, and instantly reversible depending on your preference.
- Comfortable even with the heaviest of pro cameras.
- Made of tubular seatbelt-style webbing with padding on the inside for less bulk and a clean, classic look.
- Compatible with ARCA-type tripod heads, so you can place your camera in the tripod without unscrewing anything.
- Quickly customizable and adjustable. It can attach to multiple
places on your camera and quickly cinch to fit your body type or
- More than strong enough to hold any pro camera/lens/accessory combo.
What is Clutch?
Clutch™ is the only quick-connecting, quick-adjusting camera hand strap
ever made. Clutch gives you security when you need it, but also allows
instant access to your camera's controls. With materials and hardware
inspired by high end climbing gear, Clutch's simple, rugged design can
only be described as "dead sexy."
- Quick connecting with one hand, so you can add or remove it as needed.
- Quick adjusting, so you can tighten it when you need extra security
and loosen it when you need to access your camera's controls.
- Low profile and unobtrusive compared to other camera hand straps on the market.
Made from premium materials and custom hardware inspired by high-end climbing gear.
- Designed to work with or without battery grips, and strong enough to hold any pro camera/lens/accessory combo.
Got a camera neck strap that you absolutely love? Anchor Links will make
it even better. Anchor Links are quick connectors that can be placed on
the ends of any standard camera neck strap, giving it super-fast, uber
secure quick-connection capability.
Anchor Links are:
- Super strong. Each Vectran®-corded Anchor can withstand over 200
lbs. of force, strong enough for any pro rig. Each package includes 4
Anchors and 2 Links.
- Low-profile, lightweight and unobtrusive. Plus, the Delrin® Anchor disks will never scratch your camera body.
- Adaptable to any standard camera strap, from your brand new OEM
strap to your Dad's vintage leather strap he used in college. Works with
straps up to 12mm wide, which is a nearly-universal pro camera strap
- The same connection system used on all Peak Design straps.