There are times when you want to get extremely close. Times when you want to get extremely large. Times when you want the absolute highest detail possible. Times when even the largest standard resolutions do not suffice. And that's where the Hasselblad H4D-200MS comes in.
The Hasselblad H4D-200MS’s amazing 200 million-pixel resolution brings unprecedented detail and resolution to your still life and studio photography. The H4D-200MS is the ultimate tool for any photographic application where the absolutely highest degree of resolution is required, from demanding car photography to high-end product photography and museum archiving and reproduction. The images produced by the H4D-200MS provide out-of-the-box true color, moiré free capture, and an astonishing level of detail.
Three Cameras in One
The H4D-200MS is not just a single use specialty camera. The H4D-200MS includes all the functionality of the H4D-50 and H4D-50MS – True Focus, Ultra Focus, digital lens Correction plus a range of top of the line features that make the H4D such an outstanding camera system – and provides three distinct capture modes in one ultimate photographic package.
- Normal single-shot capture for 50Mpix resolution images of live subjects.
- Four Shot, 50Mpix Multi-Shot capture for high detail images of still subjects.
- Six Shot, 200Mpix Multi-Shot capture for the ultimate in still subject capture
So whatever form of high-end shooting you require, from ultimate resolution 6 Shot Multi-Shot to hand-held on location shooting, the H4D-200MS has got you covered. And then some.
Cutting Edge Technology, Cleverly Applied
With the H4D-200MS, Hasselblad is once again raising the bar when it comes to high-resolution image capture. The H4D-200MS builds on the technology and success of the H4D-50MS, which uses our proprietary multi-shot capture technology, and applies a clever technical solution to bring 200 megapixel resolution to your still-life and studio photography.
The H4D-200MS camera uses a 50Mpix sensor mounted onto our patented symmetrical multi-shot frame, which can accurately position the sensor with accuracy, using piezo-electrical actuators. The camera then captures 6 shots, by moving the sensor 1 and ½ pixel at the time, to create a 200Mpix capture. This process eliminates the issues which single-shot interpolation can sometimes introduce, such as moiré and color rendering issues, thereby capturing the red, green and blue information in each individual pixel point and then combining these captures into one amazing file. The mind blowing detail of these shots opens new creative and commercial doors to any kind of shooting where detail or resolution are important, from fine cars to artwork reproduction to high-end product photography. In addition to the 200Mpix resolution, these multi-shot images offer true color and moiré free capture to provide an astonishing level of detail.
Size, Features, and Functions for Image Perfection
The more digital photography pushes the imaging envelope, the more the advantages of larger format cameras have become even more obvious. The Hasselblad H4D-200MS uses one of the largest image sensors currently available in digital photography – up to more than twice the size of a 35mm camera sensor. This sensor holds more and larger pixels, delivering the highest possible image quality in terms of moiré-free color rendering without gradation break-ups in even the finest lit surfaces.
The H4D-200MS also uses our Ultra-Focus engine to get the full potential of the Hasselblad H System lens line, and the H System’s large format allows considerably shallower depth of field shooting, making it much easier to utilize selective focus for creative effect.
In addition, our digital lens correction feature (DAC) works with our Phocus software to automatically remove any chromatic aberration, distortion, and vignetting that may occur. All 11 Hasselblad H System lenses feature central lens shutters, allowing flash sync at shutter speeds up to 1/800s and reducing camera vibration. Our newest lenses, the HCD 28mm and 35-90mm, have been specifically optimized for the actual 36,7 x 49mm area of the sensor, making them more compact and more ideally suited to high-resolution capture.
View-camera and Other Options
The H4D-200MS capture unit can also be used on a view camera by way of an H System adapter. The digital capture device can work with electronic shutters like those from Rollei and Schneider, either stand-alone using the flash sync signal from the shutter or together with Phocus, allowing full control of the electronic shutter from the computer.
The H4D-200MS also provides a range of special extended camera controls that bring an entirely new level of flexibility to the way you shoot. These features include:
- Live video for easier capture set-up and workflow, or the ability to control the lens drive for focusing when the camera is in a remote position or when the digital capture unit is mounted on a view camera.
- New Metadata (GPS, HTS 1.5 etc). The extended metadata included in all Phocus images enables accurate and detailed cataloging and indexing, easy image management, and includes added GPS data functionality that in turn allows a range of new functions, such as linking data directly to Google Earth, for easy geographic reference and image storage and retrieval much easier.
- Perfect Viewing Quality. In high-end photography, what you see needs to be what you get. Our Phocus Viewer, therefore, is designed to provide viewing quality that matches every detail of what you will see later in Photoshop. The Phocus Viewer also allows you to customize layout and composition to suit your current or desired workflow, ensuring he most intuitive and productive workflow possible.
The H4D-200MS is a top of the line product for top of the line applications that is ideal for everything from hand-held location shooting to the most demanding still life shots. When capturing 6-shot images with the H4D-200MS, a minimum of 8GB of RAM and a drive speed of 7200 or 10000 RPM are required. Please refer to the Phocus Read-Me file for detailed system requirements. To read more about this amazing product and the technology behind it, follow the links to the right.
Electronic Spirit Level
The H4D-200MS has an integrated electronic spirit level to make it easy to produce a straight horizon. The spirit level is shown both in the viewfinder and on the rear LCD. You therefore don’t need to take your eye from the viewfinder to check camera alignment.
Camera info on rear LCD
To improve visibility in certain situations, the rear LCD can now show a copy of the camera grip LCD where you see all relevant shooting information.
- Multi-shot technology for 200Mpix and 50Mpix resolution capture
- Multi-shot and Single-shot capture options
- H4D camera system with 3" display
- Fully automatic Digital Lens Correction for improved image sharpness and detail
- Ultra-Focus: integral optimization of digital lens performance
- Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- Integrated CCD cooling sink for lower noise
- Direct ISO/WB control
- Thumbwheel control of digital menus
- GPS accessory option
- Market’s most versatile lens program
- Choice of eye-level or waist-level viewfinders
- Field FW upgrade of H4D camera
- Easy sensor cleaning
- View camera option
- Un-tethered and tethered operation
- Hasselblad 3FR raw - or DNG export