D70s Digital SLR Outfit
What's In the Box?
Nikon D70s Digital SLR, Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL3a, Quick Charger MH-18a, Video cable, USB Cable UC-E4, Strap, Body cap, Eyepiece Cap DK-5, Rubber Eyecup DK-20, LCD monitor cover BM-5, PictureProject CD-ROM
The D70s builds on the success of its popular predecessor, the D70, with multiple internal and external refinements including an improved autofocus system, larger LCD monitor, the addition of a remote cord port, new graphic user interface, among several other enhancements. Designed for a broad range of consumers from experienced and amateur photographers to beginning photo enthusiasts and hobbyists, the D70s offers a proven track record of superior image quality, robust performance, and advanced new features.
The D70s incorporates a host of new enhancements and
refinements internally and externally, in addition to all of the
advanced features and
innovations found in the D70:
- A refined 5-area autofocus system now has an all-area search
priority to go along with the camera's single area, dynamic area, and
close subject priorities, improving the camera's ability to acquire
focus on fast moving subjects within the frame.
- The camera now boasts a larger 2.0" LCD monitor, making it easier for users to review images and access menus.
- A new remote port for the MC-DC1 electronic cable
release (optional) allows users to trigger the camera and hold the
shutter open via an electronic cable release
- A built-in Speedlight with a wider angle of coverage, supports 18mm lenses.
- A new easier-to-read menu design in the D70s uses color-coded menus, and a larger type-face.
- A higher capacity EN-EL3a battery offers users more
pictures per charge. The EN-EL3a battery comes with a new, smaller
MH-18a battery charger. Both the new battery and charger are included
with the D70s.
Major Features of the Nikon D70s Digital SLR
Accurate, vivid color
- 6.1 effective megapixels Nikon DX Format CCD imaging sensor produces
3,008 x 2,000-pixel images with high resolution and superbly sharp
- Advanced digital image processor uses advanced algorithms to optimize
image quality, while also controlling auto white balance, auto tone and
color control, as well as real-time processes to diminish digital noise
and produce beautiful long exposure shots.
- Accurate white balance achieved by Nikon's acclaimed 3D Color Matrix
Meter with 1,005-pixel for highly precise control over white balance
under widely varied lighting conditions.
High Performance and Quick Response
- Continuous shooting at 3 frames per second for a continuous burst of up
to 144 pictures (When using JPEG NORMAL - Large setting, and a SanDisk
SDCFH (Ultra II), SDCFX (Extreme/Extreme III), or Lexar Media 80X WA
CompactFlash(TM) card) thanks to improved buffer memory handling,
faster image processing, increased memory card access speed and greater
system bus bandwidth. (The number of continuous shots possible in a
single burst may be fewer depending on the type of CF card used.)
- Ultra-short shutter time lag is hardly noticeable and offers very quick
- Immediate power-up has the D70s ready to take pictures before your
finger can reach the shutter button.
- High-speed, high precision 5-area AF system with predictive focus
tracking and Lock-on(TM) ensures quick response and sharp focus, while
an AF-assist illuminator helps ensure top performance in dark
- Fast shutter speed with a range from 30 to 1/8,000 sec. for full
- Fast flash sync shutter speeds up to 1/500 sec. available for great
fill-effects under brighter light conditions.
Optimized and Predictable Results
- Seven Automated Digital Vari-Program selections easily accessed from
the Mode Dial deliver automatic operation that optimizes white balance,
sharpening, tone, color, saturation and hue for crisp and vivid results
that match the intended shot. Selections include Auto, Portrait,
Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, and Night Landscape.
- Image enhancement options optimize sharpening, contrast, tone, color,
saturation and hue while using Auto Multi Program [P], Shutter-Priority
Auto [S], [Aperture-Priority Auto A], or [Manual M] exposure modes to
best match the scene or intended use for the picture. The easy to set
choices include Normal, Vivid, Sharp, Soft, Direct print, Landscape or
- Optimized exposure with a choice of three TTL exposure modes, including
Nikon's acclaimed 3D Color Matrix Meter with 1,005-pixel RGB Sensor,
variable Center-Weighted Meter and choice of Spot Meters.
- Nikon's built-in iTTL automatic balanced Fill-Flash can shoot at
synchronized speeds up to 1/500 second for great fill effects when
shooting in brighter lighting conditions; compatibility within Nikon's Creative Lighting System.
- Flash exposure compensation; a comprehensive selection of compensation
tools enable more versatile picture taking; tools for ambient light,
flash illumination and the two combined are provided.
- New Generation Color Reproduction System offers a choice of three color
modes to ensure the best match for the shot when operating the camera
Mode Ia: Renders natural-looking skin tones out of the camera. (sRGB)
Mode II: Realizes a wider color range suited for processing or
retouching. (Adobe RGB)
Mode IIIa: Renders vivid landscape and flora colors out of the camera.
- JPEG and NEF Combination Filing System enables simultaneous recording
of compressed NEF (RAW) and JPEG data for the same shot to optimize and
- Exclusive use of Compressed NEF files to maximize number of raw images
possible for each CF card used.
Creative and Versatile System for Subtle Expression
- High-Quality Nikkor lenses: The unrivalled performance of AF, AF-S and
DX Nikkor lenses expand creative possibilities to the maximum.
- Built-in auto pop-up flash features exclusive i-TTL flash control, fast
1/500 sec. flash sync shutter speed, and supports Nikon's Creative
Lighting System for wireless control of remote SB-600 and SB-800
Speedlights. Also supports wide-angle lenses up to 18mm.
- ISO flash shoe makes it easy to attach an SB-600 or SB-800 Speedlight directly to the camera.
- Integrated Nikon Software Solutions:
Nikon Capture 4 (optional) is a comprehensive image editing and remote
camera control package that fully supports NEF* (compressed and
uncompressed) (RAW), TIFF and JPEG data. Among other features, the
package offers Image Dust Off sensor dust and particle shade removal
control; D-Lighting for scene-specific automatic dodge and burn
control; and transformation of shots from the AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor
10.5mm f/2.8G ED lens to ultra-wideangle images.
Picture Project is Nikon's versatile bundled software that
simplifies and improves data transfer, as well as browsing and editing
of image files. Picture Project introduces an entirely new intuitive
user interface, and supports exclusive Nikon plug-ins for added
Improved Overall Performance
- Large 2 inch LCD monitor with user-friendly menus located directly
below the viewfinder displays bigger menu fonts and icons that use
familiar keywords for ease of understanding. A protective clear LCD
cover is also included with the D70s.
- Versatile LCD playback options include Single frame, Thumbnail (4 or 9
segments), Zoom playback (up to 4.7x), Slide show, Histogram
indication, and Highlight point displays with automatic image rotation
for vertical shots.
- 25 Custom Settings allow you to personalize the operation of your D70s
to match your shooting style or the demands of different shooting
- Remote control operation made available with optional ML-L3 (IR) or MC-
DC1 electronic cable release.
- Direct printing from the D70 to any PictBridge compatible printer using
the supplied USB cable.
Olympus PEN E-P3 12.3 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera with 14-42mm Zoom Lens
Highly Rated KomputerBay 64GB SDXC High-Speed Class 10 Memory Card
Ravelli Pro 65" Carbon Fiber Folding Tripod with 3-Axis Ball Head & Carry Bag
AEO Photo Lightning Trigger for Canon EOS DSLR's
Nikon's New D5200 Digital SLR with 24.1-Megapixel Sensor & 18-55mm VR Lens
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR with 18-55mm VR Nikkor Lens
New Meike Vertical Battery Grip for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Nikon Coolpix P310 161-Megapixel Digital Camera only $149